Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Babies and Children

This session was the Intermediate Portrait class which just translates to a more concentrated portrait class than last session.  This class was all about finding children from the ages of 6 to newborn and it was a bit difficult to find people who were actually available in Santa Barbara.  I went home a few times this session for the models for this class, but it was definitely worth it.  Thanks to my relationship with Carola and her family, I was able to find kids for my studio sessions towards the end of the session.  My favorite shoots were the one with Ella and Jackson over Thanksgiving and the one with my friend Korinne who is an excellent dancer.  The final project was a bit more difficult than last session's couple shoot, but I was able to crank something out for the last week.

It has been a year since Lighting People and I only have one more year left at Brooks.  I find this incredibly crazy that my time here at Brooks is quickly coming to a close.  The future holds a lot of uncertainty, but I hope that next year will help me figure out what I want to do once school is out.  Hope you enjoy these latest images!  And remember, for quick updates on the photography I'm doing throughout the session, please visit my tumblr!

Group Posing Technical Assignment

Creative Window Light

Newborn
Lizzy; 5 months old


 Mother and Child
Christine and Thomas

Karen and Allison

 Child on Location
Jackson; age 4



Child in Studio
Maya; age 5



Dancer

Final Creatives




Next session I will be taking the food photography class.  I am so excited because I have always loved looking at food images in cookbooks and magazines.  It's probably going to be very tough for me, but I I've been wanting to take this class since I came to Brooks.  I will also be in the video class so be ready for new media!  

I found out yesterday that I actually graduate in August 2012.  It's a whole semester earlier than I thought I was so that means I will be out in the real world sooner than expected.  I was reminiscing and I realized that a year ago I was in LP and just learning about shooting people.  In 2011 I have matured so much as a photographer and as a person.  Thank you guys for your support for this long in the game!  I can't wait to experience more in 2012.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I really like you photos, you have a beautiful talent! Keep up the amazing work :)

    ReplyDelete