Monday, March 14, 2011

Pogo

This weekend I saw Pogo in San Francisco.  For those who don't know Pogo, he is a mashup artist from Australia who mixes sound clips from movies.  What is so awesome about Pogo, is that he chooses some of my favorite childhood movies such as Willy Wonka, Hook, Alice, Toy Story.  He even got my memories down to the specific Secret Garden that I grew up with.  One of my favorite mixes that were previously unreleased was a mix of Aladdin, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty.  It was a beautiful mix of all the romantic scenes in those movies.  He also had some great ones such as Star Wars, Pulp Fiction and Casablanca that he has never put out before.  Pogo also played his Pirates of the Caribbean mix that Disney/Jerry Bruckheimer will not let him release yet.  I think they want to release it with the new Pirates movie that is coming out soon.  I also want to note that during the live he was singing all of the lyrics while mixing.  To himself of course, but it was really cool to actually SEE how much he loves his work. :)

He is such an inspiration to me as an artist because he is becoming successful in something that he loves to do.  I've said this before, but musicians and artists who are trying to fulfill their dreams inspire me to do the same.

I was actually allowed to take my digital camera into the show, which is the first out of all the concerts I went to last year.  Unfortunately the images are pretty noisy because of the low light conditions.  Pogo was only lit by his computer and by the sound board he was using to mix live.  Since his videos are half the experience of Pogo's music the stage lights were not bright during the show.  But, this was the best I could do, and had some cool images.  I wasn't able to get Pogo's signature for my little "favorite artists" camera, but I was just excited to have seen him live.  I hope I get another chance to see him if he ever tours the US again.  :)


Pogo, you were AMAZING.  Good luck with your future endeavors!  

If you still haven't, check out his youtube page or his actual site.  



No comments:

Post a Comment