

Student Life creative
For this creative, I wanted to do a kendo student, instead of the typical drinking or smoking angle. Kendo is a way of life. You have to devote yourself to bettering yourself.
Sharing creative

Pet Portrait creative
How to Save the World With a Piece of String
My teacher gave us this creative based on something he got back when he was at Brook's. I found this fence the other day that said, "Love is all you need." So I thought it would be a good thing to say love is all you need to save the world. The red string between the two models is an old Japanese idea that when you are fated to be with someone the two of them are tied by red string. They call it "akai ito" which translates to red string. It is a common element in Japanese love stories. This picture isn't perfect, but I definitely want to try this again with better lighting.
A window light portrait of my sister. :)

Big and Beautiful 1
The final assignment was to take 2 pictures with a medium format view camera. So we had to scan the transparency of this and edit that somehow. We had to print it in an 11x14 print and mount it in a window mat. These are my sister's first pair of worn out pointe shoes and I gave this print to my sister as a birthday gift. They turned out very well and I was extremely pleased.

Big and Beautiful 2
This was my second big and beautiful print. This one I asked my friend to help draw and color raindrops, and then I cut them out and taped them to the white wall. Then I hung the red heart from the umbrella so the heart would be in focus with the girl's line of vision. This concept just came to me one day and I absolutely love how it came out. I title this one "Hope" because she is hopeful that love is in her future, even though things are looking cloudy now.
Second session was definitely better than my first, and I absolutely loved my teacher. I hope that I have him in the future. So far, third session is more about stock photography (the kind that people buy for advertisements) and I'm kind of hitting a creativity block already. But I am excited for the possibilities that are coming. :D





No comments:
Post a Comment